Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Love More

Two More Random Thoughts

Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. (Swedish proverb)

Last night I Googled something like "quotes positive thinking" and came across this little gem. It doesn't even really quite fit into my last post, but I had to stick it in anyway because it captured me. I haven't quite been able to let it go since. It's just spinning around in my head.

Hope more. Breathe more.

Love more.

That's it, isn't it? I'm not trying to get all profound and woo-woo on you, I promise. We've all got our own feelings, ideas and needs when it comes to becoming more centered, more grounded, more balanced. But "Love more." Once in a while the thoughts that you need appear unexpectedly; the message is clear.

Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails. (1 Corinthians, 13:7-8)

Faith, hope, endurance. Love more and all good things will be yours.

Random thought #2: In non-woo-woo news, the chickens are laying eggs. More "Spring! Spring! Spring!" Poor Ethel molted in the very coldest part of December. A naked chicken is not a pretty sight. I'd have posted a picture, but...well, you wouldn't want someone posting a picture of you looking half-plucked, all bright red and pimple-y. Ethel is her fluffy feathery black-and-white self, and we got two eggs on Saturday morning which means that both chickens are laying.

1 comment:

living in PA said...

Great news on the eggs! Poor Ethel...glad she's back to her fluffy self.

I think I read that first quote a couple of nights ago in the Anne Lamott book I'm reading. Hmmm, now I'll have to go back and check.