Thursday, November 27, 2008

Pie



I like pie. If I could eat only one dessert for the rest of my life, it would be pie. This afternoon as we set out the pies, my sister and I began to wonder....

What were the nine kinds of pie Harold liked best?

We decided for Harold. In no particular order:

Apple

Pumpkin

Cherry

Cream cheese cherry (after questioning whether cherry pie and cream cheese cherry pie are variations of the same kind of pie or different pies)

Peach

Berry, which includes all kinds of berry pies. Blackberry and mixed berry and razzleberry are all variations of the same kind of pie and therefore fall under the heading "berry pie."

Banana-coconut cream (a compromise)

Strawberry, even though I believe that fresh strawberries really belong in shortcake and not pie.

And Lemon pie, with whipped cream instead of meringue because meringue is gross.

Mmmmmmmmmmm. Pie.

Off to check the fridge.

No comments: