Friday, January 25, 2008

I want to play!

My Irie sis is playing book tag. I want to play too. Pick me! Pick me!

Share the 5th line of the 161st page of the book you're reading.

I can't remember the last time I've been reading a book. As in one book. Here's my list:

"Canvasback, female, 19-24" "
(The second line, because there are only two lines of text, from p. 161 of National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Birds--W: Western Region. Here's what a canvasback looks like, in case you're wondering.)

"He could not hear any noise of water on the shores."
(from Swallows and Amazons, Arthur Ransome. Our newest read-aloud.)

"At that moment a bluebird, perched on the picket fence, sang a few lovely notes and flew off to an apple tree that was still holding on to the last of its pale pink blossoms."
(from Pocketful of Pinecones, Karen Andreola. Almost done with this one.)

"The image of the blind musician or the blind poet has an almost mythic resonance, as if the gods have given the gifts of music or poetry in compensation for the sense they have taken away."
(from Musicophilia: Tales of Music and the Brain, Oliver Sacks.)


Editing to add: I got so excited that I forgot to say "You're it!"

If you've got a blog and you're reading a book of any kind and you haven't played this game yet and you read this blog entry then Tag! You're IT!

I can't wait to see what you're reading!

No comments: