Monday, November 19, 2007

I am the nicest person in the world....

My sister said so. Normally I'd demur and say, "Oh no, I just like helping out." (Which is true.) But look what I helped do yesterday, out of the goodness of my heart and because I really really like my sister, plus I feel sorry for her when she has to do this without outside help.


I really am the nicest person in the whole world.

As a side note: You know it's cold out when you stick your hands inside a very recently dead turkey in order to loosen the innards and pull them out, and instead of thinking, "This is SO gross," you think, "Aaaaaaaah. Now my hands are warm."

3 comments:

Sara said...

You really are nice. Do you at least get to eat some of it?

Elizabeth said...

Ah, the memories. We didn't have turkeys but we had to butcher chickens one year. I think removing the feathers were the worst part. I didn't like the smell of the wet feathers at all. I hope you get to enjoy some of that turkey.

Faith said...

The city girl in me is totally cringing reading that. Gack. Sorry ... lol.