Sunday, July 22, 2007

No Spoilers Here

So......yesterday I went to Target to get shampoo, toothpaste, supplies for a pond exploration box for the fine young gents, and...what else? Oh yeah! The real reason I needed all of those other things immediately: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

As I near the checkout, two teenaged girls pick the book up from the end of the checkout lane and....are you ready for this?........flip to the end!

I gasped out loud. (Not really, but I know I can't be the only one who internally gasps at the idea of reading the end first.)

"That is soooo cheating!" I laughed as I walked by. They looked up and laughed too.

Then they ran through the checkout area shouting out to their waiting friends the ending they'd read.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHH!

The checker sighed. "I'm on page 40," she said. "I wish people would stop doing that."

I still enjoyed the book.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

While I'm not a Potter fan, I would like to know what's in the Pond box? :) Sorry they were such brats. grr!