Ten Things with which I am Obsessed
1. The obsession de jour. Right now it's the puppy. Before Poppy came along, it was the chickens.
2. Moving. I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaally want to move to a house in the country. I look at the open houses in the paper, talk to people who might keep an eye out for our perfect house, search the real estate sites. I badger my poor loving husband, who doesn't really care where we live. I want to move right now. Yesterday. Magically of course, because one thing I am very not obsessed with is packing and unpacking.
3. Pee and poop. Well, those aren't obsessions, exactly. With a new puppy and a two-year-old around pee and poop are just part of daily life. So what if I have to mutter under my breath constantly, "It's just pee. It's just pee. It's just pee." Really, I'm obsessed with potty training. Unfortunately, so far I'm the only one.
4. The garden. What will I plant? Where will I plant it? Should I put the peas here? What about the tomatoes? If I plant corn here, where will the beans go? And what about the pumpkins? Hmmm....I can spend many of my free minutes, sometimes all ten of them, obsessing about the garden.
5. Cheesecake. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Cheesecake.....
6. The UPS guy. He's nice, he brings me stuff, he looks good in shorts, he likes my new puppy. What more could a gal ask? Good thing loving husband is the greatest guy on the planet.
7. Books. I love books. Shelves and shelves and shelves of books. If I could, I'd live at the library. The new library with the stairs and the nice bathrooms and the comfy seats. Loving husband asked me last year what I wanted for an anniversary present. Did I ask for diamonds? Fancy dinner? Nope. I asked for a bookcase and a night out at the bookstore. I love it when the UPS guy brings me books. Maybe that's why I love the UPS guy-- behavioral conditioning. He's been paired with one of my major obsessions. Somewhere deep in my subconscious, I see the UPS guy and think, "Ooooooooooooooo. Books. Oooooooooooooooo." Kind of like when you shake the treat cup at the puppy and she pees: Pee=treats. To the puppy that is. I promise I don't pee when I see the UPS guy. I just think about books.
8. Homeschool curricula. I love books. Have I mentioned that? I love teaching, and I love school materials. Put those all together.... Curricula is an ongoing topic of conversation with Cristy. Our poor Irie Meg, she just rolls her eyes. Or maybe she's just grateful that we're no longer talking ad naseum about the endless variety of cloth diapers available.
9. Cheesecake again. Still. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Cheesecake. I must be hungry. There wasn't any cheesecake in the fridge last time I checked, but maybe I should go check again just to be sure. Be right back.
10. Did I say what I meant? Surely I can't be the only person who replays conversations in my head. Did I say what I meant to say? Did I inadvertently stick my foot in my mouth and not know it? I only meant.... What if they thought I was trying to say.... Sheesh. I need to get a grip.
11. Cheesecake. I wonder if there's some cheesecake hiding behind the leftover spaghetti?