Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Tuesday Ten: Conversations

Ten Things the Ladies and Gents Said in the Past Week (or so)

1. Fine young gent (almost 4) on Christmas Eve, holding his eyes shut with his fingers: Mom, I am trying to go to sleep but my eyes aren't staying shut theirselves!

2. Fine young gent (2), at 6 a.m. Christmas morning, whispering: Momma, sing Happy 'Day. (So I whispered "Happy Birthday" to my Christmas baby at 6 in the morning.)

3. Gent (6), discovering Lucky Charms in his stocking: Yippee!!!! (stops, folds hands) Dear God, Santa brought me LUCKY CHARMS!!!! Amen.

4. Sweet young gent (6): Happy Birthday, Levi! You're two!! Mom, don't forget it's Levi's birthday on Christmas! And Jesus' too!

5. Lovely Lady (13): Wii!! Wii!! Wii!!

6. Fine young gent (almost 4), of a peppermint candy cane: Dad, I do like it, I just don't like the taste.

7. Lovely Lady (11), cleaning her room with my help...until she started talking: Why do I have to do this? I wish I was a princess. You would be my servant and you would have to do all of the work.

8. Lovely Lady (11): Mom, I'm sorry. Will you help me clean my room?

9. Fine Young Gent (2), jumping around the room: Momma, dook! Momma, dook me! Momma, watch me now! Dook, Momma, dook!

10. Lovely lady (11), calling at midnight from her dad's house: Happy New Year, Mom! Mom, sometimes I get worried that something bad will happen, like someone related to me will die or I'll get killed by an electric shock.

Me: Well, we all worry that bad things will happen. But worrying doesn't stop the bad things, so we should spend our time trying to be safe and enjoying the life we have.

Lovely Lady: Ok. Thanks, Mom! You're always so good at advice.

Read about Cristy's Ten Least Favorite Christmas Ornaments.

Adding: My Irie sis wrote ten reasons why knitting socks is better than knitting sweaters.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can I call you when I'm worried? You gave your daughter great advice. I need to remember it! I had to laugh when I read "momma dook". It is funny how we totally understand our children. Our next door neighbor girls (8 year old twins) like to point out when my daughter is saying something incorrectly. I'm amazed that they can hear the mispronunciation and I can't.