Monday, January 08, 2007

Meet Hattie


Meet Hattie.


I got some excellent name suggestions:

Lovely lady, 11, gave me a three-page list of chicken names, including Alyssa, Charmaine, Bryanna, Iliana and Deeondra.

The gents came up with a descriptive name-- Brown Chicken.

Other name suggestions from some mommy friends included Laverne and Shirley (I almost renamed Lucy and Ethel after reading that one, then decided that my dad's wife might not be thrilled to have a chicken named after her), Ricky, and Camilla. Camilla after Gonzo's Camilla.



Then my Irie sister sensibly suggested that we name the chicken after her previous owner, who loved having chickens. And Hattie is an awesome name for a chicken, is it not? Hattie laid us a perfect brown egg this morning. Hattie the Chicken, that is.

I hope Hattie the Person doesn't mind sharing her name with a bird.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Hattie is a perfect name.
I followed a link from Doc's blog to yours and just wanted to say how much I am enjoying reading it.
Karen

Cathy said...

Thanks! :-)