Sunday, December 10, 2006

Tuesday Ten: Last Weekend

Ten Things I Did Last Weekend:

1. Bake and decorate a cake. Fine young car fanatic (remember this post?), now 6, decided upon a "car party." I suggested the race car cake, he suggested the activities: Watch the movie Cars, eat cake, and play with his Hot Wheels.




2. Plaster masks. Our latest art study. We'll be decorating these all week.








3. Yuletide carols being sung by a choir. Following lovely lady's Friday evening choir practice, the choir went caroling at the mall.








4. Saturday choir practice. No picture because I was too busy shuttling girls to overlapping practices in two different places.

5. Piano recital.








6. Errands. There were probably enough errands to write a "Ten Errands I Ran This Weekend" list, but I'll lump them all into one. I had to pick up pre-rehearsal snacks for 30 hungry girls, tights for the girls' choir uniforms, get an ornament for a choir party ornament exchange, find chocolate cookies and white candies for the cake, run to the grocery store between choir rehearsals for black nylons for the recital dress, art supply store for watercolor paper for a lovely lady so that she can paint a Christmas gift. I know I forgot a couple, but that's enough, isn't it?

7. Birthday party. Along with the actual birthday party, I had to rush home immediately after the recital to clean the house.








8. Concert. Oregon Children's Choir, Junior Girlchoir.
The girls sang beautifully, the marimba players were fun and energetic, the other choirs were wonderful, and the finale included all of the choirs and some local singers. Lots and lots of fun.

8 1/2. Run around like a chicken with its head cut off, looking for my car keys. It was time to leave for thirteen-year-old lovely lady's evening concert. I couldn't find my keys anywhere. I ended up taking my mother-in-law's car. Another mom cheerfully told me, "I'll bet as soon as you get home they'll be right there in plain sight." I replied, "I'll bet that when loving husband-with-his-cell-phone-off gets here, they'll be in his pocket." Right on cue, he walked up. Guess where he found my car keys?

9. Concert. Oregon Children's Choir, Girlchoir.
Wow. Lovely lady's choir worked through the problems they'd been having yesterday and gave an amazing performance. The woman next to me actually had tears in her eyes after the second song. All of the choirs were amazing. The Young Men's Ensemble blew me away. If you live in this area and get a chance to attend the spring concert or the big finale concert, do. They are that good.

10. Laundry, meals, childcare. Everyone wanted to wear clothing and eat food this weekend, and the youngest gent wouldn't change his own diapers or make sure he stayed away from sharp things and high places. Go figure.

Cristy's Busy Weekend.

No comments: