Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Dilemma: What Would You Do?

It's pouring rain. I rush out the door to get a lovely lady to her tutor's house on time. I notice the library books are in the car and remember that there are two that need to be returned today (or else-- And why do I always get the crabby librarian on the day I've got overdue books?) and two requests waiting for me. I'm out and about, so I may as well kill two birds with one stone, right?

I pull up in front of the library.

It hits me that I really rushed out the door. I sit in the parking lot pondering my choices. (You'll see why in just a second.) I can:

A. Go home, take the library books back on another day and pay the library a fine, probably less than a dollar. Unless we get really really busy and I can't get them back until the next library day, in which case I'm certain to get the crabby librarian when I check out.

B. Drive all the way home to get shoes. Come back to the library.

C. Walk through the parking lot in the pouring rain in my fuzzy flowery girly slippers.

Sigh.

I chose option C. Partly because I am practical, partly because my slippers are wrecked anyway and walking through a few puddles certainly wasn't going to do any more harm, and partly because I got a mystery package today. I don't know what's in there or who sent it, but it's from a shoe place and though there's no label, it's got the word "pink" on the front. Now I just have to decide...does the package go under the tree? Or do I open it now?

My feet are getting cold....

4 comments:

KarenK said...

You can open the package now, IF you at the same time sing "Have a Holly-Jolly Christmas" in a Burl Ives voice. :-D

Anonymous said...

Just tell anyone who asks that you were liberating your inner toddler! Cute story.

Anonymous said...

brrrrr, girl! Be careful...you'll get pnemonia(sp?) for Christmas. lol! But, it is a very cute 'picture' of you running around out in the rain in your slippers :)

Cristy said...

I must confess I wore my slippers to Wednesday night church once. They looked cloggish enough that I got away with it.

I have also worn my barn boots to the feed store but I fit right in...