Monday, November 27, 2006

Tuesday Ten: Christmas

Dear Santa,

I've been a good girl this year. Sometimes naughty, but mostly nice. Here's what I want for Christmas:

1. The Christmas season. Please, please, Santa. Can't you magically make things go back to the days when the Christmas season started the day after Thanksgiving instead of right after the back-to-school supplies go on clearance?

2. Pretty slippers. My feet get cold.

3. No more diapers. Santa, while you're here can you use your magic to potty train the youngest? If you can make yourself fly up the chimney with a twinkle of the nose surely you can convince the baby to "pee-pee potty," or at least get him to believe that the potty is neither a Hot Wheels trick set nor the root of all things that are evil.

4. A gift certificate for an extra 24 hours to be used in any way throughout the year, as I see fit. I promise I won't use it all up in the first few months getting an extra 15 minutes sleep each morning.

5. Snow. And not that powdered-sugar dusting that we've been getting. An honest-to-goodness snow, that sticks around for more than an hour.

6. A real magic wand. The younger lovely lady asked for a magic wand when she was 7 or 8. Imagine her disappointment when the lovely pink sparkly wand in her stocking didn't do anything. (I believe she tried to make her stocking fill with candy corn and make her brother grow a dog nose.) The next year her list specified that she wanted a "real magic wand to do magic with." What a brilliant idea. I've had that on my list every year since. C'mon Santa...this is the year.

7. A puppy.

8. A honey pot. One of those pretty little honey pots with the little twirly stick for stirring honey into my tea.

9. A bunch o' loot. I'm channeling Eartha Kitt here.

Santa honey, I wanna yacht and really that's
Not a lot,
Been an angel all year....

Actually, I don't want a yacht (or a sable or the deed to a platinum mine or a duplex...). I just think that song is great fun to sing.

1o. World peace. If you could just sprinkle a little of your magic all over the world I'd never ask for anything else. Except maybe some slippers for when my feet get cold. And the puppy.

Merry Holiday Season. Most of my gifts are wrapped and ready to go under the tree. My decorations are up. I intend to thoroughly enjoy the bit of shopping I have left, along with the rest of the holiday falalala: Carols and concerts and recitals and crafts and baking.

Cristy's Tuesday Ten.

1 comment:

Mom2Morgan.Dylan said...

pppsssttt... you need to ask for a puppy that's already housebroken!